Wednesday 21 March 2018

March Card Making Tutorial

Hello everyone. How are you all today? All well I hope. I thought I would share a card making tutorial with you today. This is the card I gave to my Daughter for her Birthday at the weekend. You may also recognise it as I shared it a couple of weeks ago because it was my swap card for a recent demo only event. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to see your creations too. Feel free to e mail them to me or post them directly on to my Stampin with Karen Spreckley Facebook page.

 
  • Create an A6 card base from Sahara Sand cardstock (cut A4 in half then fold in half)
  • Using the Ruffled embossing folder, emboss the front of the card in the Bigshot
  • Using Perfect Plum ink, stamp the cake from the Cake Soiree stamp set onto very vanilla cardstock
  • Cut this out using the coordinating die and the Bigshot
  • Apply some snail dry adhesive under where your cake will be placed, and zig zag some pool party ribbon over that. Then add dimensionals to the back of your cake die cut and place over the ribbon
  • Take a 2 inch strip of pool party cardstock and apply double sided adhesive sheet to the back of it, leaving the release paper in place.
  • Using a sponge, lightly apply Perfect Plum ink to the bottom third of that strip of cardstock. Using a light motion means you can build up the intensity of colour. Try to leave it lighter towards the top of the sponged area to give an ombre effect.
  • Using the celebrate die from the free Sale-a-bration Celebrate You Thinlets, place it over your sponged cardstock to give the desired colouring and die cut using the Bigshot.
  • Remove the release paper from the back of the die cut word and adhere to your card base.
  • Job done

All the products used are available to purchase in my online store or can be ordered directly through me.
 
 
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful day,

 
Karen

 
"If you can be anything, be kind"

 






 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment