Thursday 8 February 2018

Why I love to Craft


I’m sure like lots of you, there are actually many reasons why I enjoy crafting.

I think most people have an innate need to make things and I certainly do. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve needed to make stuff . In my Nanny’s garden I would make bricks from mud, rose perfume, insect homes. My Nanny and my Mum taught me to sew and knit and bake, and in more recent years, my passion has turned to memory keeping and paper crafting.

Mindfulness has to be my number one reason for paper crafting because whilst I’m concentrating on a project, my mind is focused on fun, rather than the serious topics that life throws in our path. My full time job is a busy and demanding one so having mental down time is really essential for my general health and wellbeing.

Modern life generally means that almost every waking moment is packed with something. People rarely experience getting completely bored anymore because there is usually an electronic device close by to provide entertainment of some description. I need to let my head escape that hubbub so I turn to my crafting supplies.

Creating something I like and that I’m proud of is another reason why I craft. And with cards, there is the added bonus that you can gift them away to someone else to let them know that you are thinking of them and that they are special. And we all need to feel special sometimes.

 


I regularly get together with other people and craft but at home when I craft, I’m alone in my craft room. My own little sanctuary from the world. I enjoy the quiet time that it gives me.

Sharing is another reason I like to craft. Not only sharing the finished items, but also sharing my ideas and knowledge with other people at my craft classes and also online by sharing photographs of what I make.

 


I’d love to hear why you craft too. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you enjoy.

 

Have a wonderful day,

 

Karen

 

“If you can be anything, be kind”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment